||R3500 per year
12 km from the village of Dullstroom we have a beautiful
6 Ha spring-fed dam. The dam is very well established, on
a magnificent water source and holds its level well through
the winter. It is on a working cattle farm and the grass is
often fairly short. There is a lot of structure including
big shallow bays and points to deep drop offs, the fishing
is excellent both from the shore or a float tube. As well
as trophy rainbow and brown trout, the dam was stocked many
years ago with black bass. The trout gorge themselves on protein-rich
bass fingerlings in the autumn as the cooling water slows
down the bass' metabolism producing massive fin-perfect fish.
Conversely, in the hot days of December, January and February,
great action can be had catching bass in the heat of the day
while waiting for the trout's evening rise.
Syndicate membership gives the member and one guest rod unlimited
access to the waters. There is a bag limit of 1 fish per person
per day (rainbows only), however our members are discerning
catch and release anglers with the majority of fish going
back to grow even bigger and fight another day. The membership
is a 12-month period from the date of joining. The member
is issued with his or her own personally numbered key to the
gate. There are a maximum of 24 members at any one time.
- 10% off all purchases in the Mavungana stores or online.
- Pay a rod fee on any of our day waters and get the guest
rod at no charge.
- Pay for a day or half-day's guided fishing on the waters
to which we have exclusive guiding rights and get the guest
rod at no charge.
- Priority invitation to any of our events, clinics and
hosted fishing trips.
The annual membership is R3500 a year, from the date of receiving
the gate key renewable the same day the following year.
- Barbless flies and soft, knotless mesh landing nets only.
- Flyfishing equipment only, regardless of angler's age.
- Always close and lock gate after entering and exiting
- No pets, firearms or naked flames
- Bass under 1 kg to be slaughtered, bass over 1 kg to be
- Brown trout strictly catch and release.