Kapok is the ultimate in dubbing, very buoyant and half the thickness of superfine dubbing. A natural hollow fibre when dubbed into split thread it retains its buoyancy and will help your dry flies float better than any other natural dubbing.
- Kapok is a moisture-resistant, quick-drying, resilient, and buoyant fibre and weighs only one-eighth as much as cotton.
- Kapok has been used in life jackets and life boats, supporting as much as 30 times its own weight in water.
- Highly buoyant
- Specially dried to avoid tangles
- Hollow natural fibres and a unique drying process
- Each individual fibre is on average 1.8cm with a diameter of 30 to 36 micrometres making it finer than even the smallest superfine dubbin